5 Minutes of Joy and 3 Words
On Mondays, I take five minutes to write the things that I am thankful for. I say 5 minutes, but maybe that’s just an ideal. (It’s easily can add a few hours to fix all of my typos and round-up pictures!) I make an effort to do this daily, but on Mondays I share! This project has been a HUGE blessing to me! I’m not sure that there’s a better way to start the week! So without further ado, these are gifts that bring me joy:
- K running wild, cereal all over her hands
- M, with rogue curls, playing vet to plastic horse
- The 6 + surgeries that plastic horse has had this morning
- The garden growing and mirroring life every day…blooms and bugs and holes and climbing striving vines…and the precious water that keeps pouring down on it all.
- Overwhelming Mess (yes, I used my forbidden word)…that means 4 people I love live here
- A chance…a chance that this new nurse will work out
- A coordinated second here and there were the girls helped me clean
- Cleaning the floor (that I dislike very much) on the van for the last time…
- Being able to get the behemoth of a van up-fitted for our needs.
- The girls sleeping in for the first time in a LONG time…allowing me the time I needed to get B ready this AM…my first time doing the 30 minute mad-rush to get tubes, pump, cochlear implant, and clean boy loaded into his chair and ready to go (nurse-free) . Such a saving grace this morning!
- A shared meal with a friend that fills up
- Conversation that encouraged and lifted over 5 loud kids’ chatting/playing.
Three beautiful words that I hardly dared imagine my boy would speak…